Sunday, June 22, 2014

Face the-Irony Book

Facebook has brought us close yet so far. We like to sit and watch what is going on on the others world from where we are lazying. We prefer to watch than talk! Next, we hit 'like' on somebody's pic even if we do not care about it just because we want them to 'like' something we post on our wall. Then we start counting how many 'likes' we have received and feel good as the count goes higher. It gets irritating when people actually call you and ask why we have not 'liked; something they have posted. You might have missed it if you were busy and not logged into the book of face which actually means you have been sane for a day. You are lucky if your 'friend' actually asked you, there are times you get a silent treatment because you missed to add a 'like'! Another thing, When I signed in initially on Facebook I was so excited searching and finding my old school friends. Little later as I was getting used to the trend I noticed it was out of excitement, I added all these friends but not sure if I or they want to be mutual 'real' friends. Many are out there on my list are my stranger friends whom there is nothing common to share other than we shared a classroom at one time. There were few instances, I got requests from my old school mates whom I did not want to stay in touch at all. Well I still accepted them as I was on excitement phase. Now I realize I know more about these stranger friends whom I did not want to get in touch. Due to constant post of these friends on my wall about their day to day activities and their kids activities, I know about their kids more than my cousins whom I grew up and love to share more time with. Unfortunately,some of my cousins do not want to accept the Facebook world so it is difficult for me keep in track of their life and kids but it bugs me that the names of people I do not want to remember is stuck on my head and keeps twirling around. Yes I know I have to pick up the phone and call them regularly but I am beginning to realize that I learn better by seeing that hearing :) Isn't that the irony!!

No comments:

Post a Comment